Sunday, August 15, 2010

Foerevermore

What is it that you want from me? Can’t you see I’ve nothing left to give.
You had my heart once, and left it shattered yet I am supposed to forgive
And again let you in? I wonder what kind of fool you believe I am?
To even think I would put myself and us through all of that once again?

Oh please. You don’t love me. You are feeling lonely and somewhat blue
Your life hasn’t turned out the way you had dreamed and wanted it to.
But your burdens are not mine to bear. I can’t make everything right.
So please let me go. Send my heart back to me this much awaited night.

We tried, we failed, it is time to accept what is and get on with living
It’s no ones fault, we gave it our best. Our love was continually fading.
Turn and walk away now, don’t look back. There’s nothing left here.
If you must take something, take not my heart, but memories held dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And on a gentle breeze a soft voice echoes through the crevices and door
Goodbye my love, remember me. For I will hold you dear forevermore.
But alas the silence enters in, and is deafening in its eternal roar
As she remembers the love.. forevermore, forevermore, forevermore.

copyrighted 2/27/03

Dreamweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment