Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Dearest Friend

My Dearest Friend:


I wonder if you know, my friend, just how special you are to me? It seems as if we have always been friends and yet we only met a few short months ago.

In that time you have taken up residence in this heart of mine. Although parted by thousands of miles you have often reached out and dried my tears. You have shared your laughter and in fact I can close my eyes and still hear your laughter ringing in my ears.

I have learned so much from you in such a short time. I have learned about life, and about death. I have learned about accepting and letting go. And I have learned the importance of me, by seeing me through your eyes.

You have touched my soul when I thought it was dead. In the middle of winter you showed me Spring, and bought back to life the wonder of newbirth. Not just in the physical world but in my soul and heart.

Who would of ever imagined us connecting? What were the chances of finding you out of all the millions of people online? Astronomical I would imagine. And yet it happened. By chance? I think not!

When nightmares awaken me in the middle of the night I have but to reach out with my heart and you are there. Your gentle soul tenderly calms my fears and I can soon snuggle back down with a sigh.

But alas I hear the distant drums calling you home. Yet even in the afterlife I know our hearts have touched and forever we will be connected. For us there will be no good-bye..

And so I want you to know, my most precious of friends. That it was no accident, our finding each other. Our paths were destined to cross, and we will forever be connected, soul to soul.

Dreamweaver

Written in 2003 for my dearest Friend Charlie. He lost his fight with cancer in 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment